Skylark Cottage is a three bedroom self catering farm cottage in Northumberland welcoming guests since 2009. As the cottage is situated 7 miles outside Berwick-upon-Tweed, Skylark is the ideal self catering cottage for exploring Northumberland and the Scottish Borders.
Firstly, Skylark Cottage is a fantastic holiday cottage for families, a group of friends or couples wishing a bit of extra space. Being all on ground floor level the cottage comfortably sleeps six guests and is ideal for guests of all ages. Secondly, we welcome pets at Thornton Farm Cottages with up to three dogs allowed per booking. The garden is safe and enclosed making it a great outdoor space for all the family. You might have the donkeys or perhaps our Herdwick sheep as neighbours during your stay. Certainly, Skylark is the perfect place for getting away from it all.
The rental includes bedlinen, towels, heating, electricity and WiFi. Being a self catering cottage we also provide oven gloves, a dishcloth, bath mats, 2 baskets of logs, kindling and basic cleaning stuffs. Please see below details of every room:
- Living Room/Dining Area: three large comfy sofas, a dining area for six, log burner (logs provided), fireguard, 32” Smart TV, games and books.
- Kitchen/Utility Room: Biomass central heating, tumble dryer, washing machine, dishwasher, fridge with freezer, electric oven with hob, microwave, radio and fully equipped cupboards (home from home).
- Master Bedroom: Double bed, large chest of drawers (hair dryer), chair and wardrobe.
- Garden Bedroom: Double bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe and private outlook over garden.
- Twin Room: Two single beds and large chest of drawers. All the bedrooms come complete with high quality towels, bed linen, and high tog duvets.
- Bathroom: Bath with overhead power shower, toilet and sink.
Garden/Garage: A spacious self contained garden laid to lawn with fruit trees and a fabulous outlook over fields. There is garden furniture and barbecue for those sunny summer evenings. A large garage provides perfect storage for bikes or a trailer.
For larger families there is off road parking available for 2 cars to the side of the cottage. We have also installed an e-charging point for electric vehicles (extra charge payable).
Play Area: A self contained play area is right next to Skylark Cottage, perfect for den building and talking to the donkeys over the wall. The kids can enjoy wooden swings, climbing frame, slide and see-saw.
Bedlinen, towels, tea towels, heating, electricity usage and Wi-Fi are all included in the rental price. There is a pet fee of £10.00 per pet.
Please note Skylark Cottage is no smoking.
Please contact us with regards to any specific needs. An access pack is available for further information.
For families with little children, we are fully aware of the sheer amount of “stuff” you need to bring on holiday. We are able to provide a travel cot (bring baby’s cot bedding), highchair, bathroom stool, changing mat, children’s tableware and cutlery. Just let us know at the point of booking or on arrival.
Check Availability using our online calendar…