Booking

CLICK on the yellow Search button to check dates and prices.

 

We want you to book with confidence.

Covid-19 FAQs…

  • If LC Smales & Son Ltd has to cancel your holiday, for whatever reason (including a Government enforced closure for public health measures), we will offer a full refund of all rental paid.
  • In the event the lead guest’s postcode given at the point of booking is affected by a travel restriction preventing them from travelling at the date of their holiday, a full refund will be arranged.  Please note that if the lead guest’s postcode is unaffected but other parties joining them live in “restricted” areas, the booking will still stand.  For example, the lead guest is allowed to travel but another family member travelling from outside the UK can no longer travel, we will be unable to offer a refund.
  • As a small business, we gently ask guests to consider travel insurance to cover illness or self-isolation.
  • If you become ill during your holiday or need to curtail your stay, we will be unable to offer a refund or credit.
  • In the event you decide to cancel your holiday for personal reasons we will only be able to offer a refund according to our current terms and conditions (please see below).
    Number of days before start date of your arrangements that notification of cancellation is received by us Cancellation Charge (plus all booking fees, insurance premiums, credit card charges or administration fees payable by you)
    15 days or more Full Deposit (including any Balance of Deposit due)
    14 days or less Full Accommodation Cost
  • After receiving notice of your cancellation in writing, if we are able to re-let the cottage we will organise a refund accordingly.
  • Should a guest wish to defer their booking in lieu of a refund, the amended booking will be at the current rental rates and any additional rental will be due.
  • If during your booking pubs and restaurants remain closed and with this in mind you no longer wish to travel, we will be unable to refund your rental.  Please be mindful we offer self-catering accommodation and can happily provide guests with a list of local establishments offering take-away.
  • We have to conform to the current Government Guidelines and as such, at the moment, we ask you to refer to the current guidelines on multiple households staying overnight in England.  Please be mindful of the current guidance when booking our cottages.  We will do our best to help you if the Government guidance changes between the point of booking and arrival date.
  • https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae#staying-away-from-home-overnight
  • We Clean and Disinfect between bookings using biocidal cleaning fluid.  Our bedlinen is professionally laundered but if you prefer to bring your own bedding, this is easily accommodated.

We ask for a 25% non-refundable deposit to secure the booking with the remaining 75% of the rental due six weeks before the holiday start date.  Booking confirmation will be sent once the deposit has been received.  Directions and access instructions will be forwarded once the remaining rental has been settled.

The rental price includes bedlinen, towels, heating, electricity and wifi.  We will also provide a starter pack of toilet roll, tea towels, oven gloves, toiletries, bin bags and basic cleaning stuffs.  For families with infants we can set up a high chair and travel cot.

For guests with pets we are pet friendly accommodation.  Wagtail and Linnet Cottage accept a maximum of two pets per booking.  Skylark Cottage accepts a maximum of three pets per booking.  There is  a small charge of £10 per pet per booking.  We will have dog towels and a water bowl ready in the cottage.  If your booking includes more than the stated number of pets, please do understand we will be unable to accept the reservation.

We welcome guests after 4pm and ask that they depart any time before 10am.  For late arrivals we can make arrangements for access after 6pm.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.  A contact form is available at the foot of the page.

Thank you very much for your interest in Skylark, Wagtail or Linnet Cottage.  If you are a returning guest, it is absolutely wonderful to welcome you back.

TFC WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2.0